and Join XERQ today

XERQ is disrupting the forum experience,
one ridiculous topic at a time.

By clicking this button, you agree to XERQ's Terms of Service
Writing
Views
Replies
Page 9 of 13 First ... 5678910111213 Last
      Disabling autoplay would be a great feature.

Originally posted by Member
      Pretty simple.

No unlinked NWS
      Add a filter for those who want it that can change "nigger" and other curse words to astericks for when they are at work browsing in a work safe mode along with removing AVs and NWS icon threads

autoplay = user decides if that's easy to do

maybe pick one person a day to ban for a day for the hell of it. nobody can be banned more than once this way in a week. lol that should would be fun.
      ftfy

Alright, what rules do we need? b) No lurking. 30 day grace period, otherwise members with 0 posts are pruned. Also 30 days of inactivity = prune
      This one should be rethought.
      It's not necessary and accomplishes nothing.
      It doesn't encourage people to post it only punishes those who don't.

Some people need to take breaks and do other shit but will come back once things settle down. No reason to have this auto pruning at all.

I don't like the 30 days no activity prune. There are times when people are gone for a period of time, be it work, personal stuff, whatever.

I would hope racism be less tolerated than on OT. I like racist jokes as much as the next guy but when its not meant as a joke it really does wear on people.

Good fellowship should be encouraged. We are getting to an age that we don't need to resort to middle school name calling. It would be so cool if it stayed as busy and helpful and cool as it is today.

I would hope racism be less tolerated than on OT. I like racist jokes as much as the next guy but when its not meant as a joke it really does wear on people.
      Word. Seconded.

ban racist thread titles.

third on this.

disagree with no lurking because sometimes shit happens... I lost my Oct 2001 account on OT because I took a semester off from posting

Yeah sometimes I just take time off the Internet. Don't wanna lose my account for having a life.

I don't like the no-lurking idea.

If I get fed up with this place or forget about it or whatever... I should be able to come back later on without having to re-register.

Why no lurking?? Sometimes i get preoccupied with work and life and can't get on for a while. Would get sucked to get pruned for no reason.

disagree with no lurking because sometimes shit happens... I lost my Oct 2001 account on OT because I took a semester off from posting
      Yeah sometimes I just take time off the Internet. Don't wanna lose my account for having a life.
      I don't like the no-lurking idea.

If I get fed up with this place or forget about it or whatever... I should be able to come back later on without having to re-register.
      Why no lurking?? Sometimes i get preoccupied with work and life and can't get on for a while. Would get sucked to get pruned for no reason.

no melroc/robfaggyfaggy/tenight/ketchup/forsaken
      faggot!

Another vote against pruning lurkers. Sometimes shit happens and you can't post for a while.

Also it's always fun when some dude delurks just to post some inane shit

edit: i see Xerq has addressed this already, sorry for being lazy

Another vote against pruning lurkers. Sometimes shit happens and you can't post for a while.

Also it's always fun when some dude delurks just to post some inane shit

edit: i see Xerq has addressed this already, sorry for being lazy
      link
      first post hasn't been updated

PENDING DISCUSSION:
      (proposed by me)
      a) Serious threads (denoted with ) are no troll zones.
      b) No lurking. 30 day grace period, otherwise members with 0 posts are pruned. Also 30 days of inactivity = prune

(proposed by others)
      -No spamming autoplay (idea to counteract this is allowing members to disable autoplay)
      -Enforce all ban bets (maximum of 6 months)
      -No bringing shit to IRL
      -Same NWS rules as OT (linked / tagged)
      -No spoilers without a warning
      -No extreme bad fellowship in serious threads (death/cancer trolling, etc.)
      -No drugs/illegal shit
      -No affiliate links (could be solved by adding vb4 plugin for XERQ to get money to pay for hosting)
      This is the only thing I'd have an issue with. I'm no lurker by any means but I sometimes go months without ever logging into or posting on OT. I go in streaks. If this rule goes into effect it will definitely cut myself out and many other included. Also, what's wrong with the lurker?

I don't think pruning after 30 days is a good idea, especially considering the circumstances that this forum was created by...if the goal is to create a place similar to OT without the things you didn't like, I'd say don't create new issues unnecessarily when you know it can be avoided. Probably will just end up making more work for yourself when every time someone gets pruned and wants to come back, you're going to get emails and people bitching, lol.

Anyways, just my 2 cents.

This member's privacy settings prevent this post from being visible to guests.

I'd like to see a crew subforum if they get bad.

I'm against that 30 day rule as well.

If I go on a 6+ month deployment I shouldn't have to lose my account because I'm in Afghanistan and can't get on xerq

I don't care about using racist words, but maybe disallow them to be used in thread titles for the many people who post at work?

Kind of sucks logging in and having "nigger" written in half the thread titles. Personally I wouldn't care if racism was banned altogether but half the people would still use it anyways

New rule: No posting referral/affiliate links unless you specifically disclose and post both links

Page 9 of 13 First ... 5678910111213 Last
    SSD Nodes

Trademarks property of their respective owners. Comments owned by the poster. Site is funded by advertising, member subscriptions, and shopping affiliate links.
    Copyright © 2015 XERQ. All rights reserved.
    XERQ® is a registered trademark.