XERQ is disrupting the forum experience,
one ridiculous topic at a time.

By clicking this button, you agree to XERQ's Terms of Service
Writing
Views
Replies
Page 6 of 13 First ... 2345678910 ... Last
      Originally posted by Member
      Well, I'm interested in it, but that doesn't mean I'll actually do it lol. Just nice to think that the possibility is there. Basically I just hate how simple bugs can be left unattended to for eons on OT just because Fazle is the only one that can do work on the site.
      PM him about being a moderator... or just someone with access to this stuff

OT updates were at the mercy of fazle alone. And fazle didn't care enough to implement them. If we have a few people here working on the forum it would be possible to delegate tasks and have everything run more smoothly.

-No affiliate links (could be solved by adding vb4 plugin for XERQ to get money to pay for hosting)
      The referral rewriting is a good one. That way nobody has to worry about inspecting links they post to be sure they're clean, nobody cares about amazon "spamming", and xerq gets some kickback.

PM him about being a moderator... or just someone with access to this stuff

OT updates were at the mercy of fazle alone. And fazle didn't care enough to implement them. If we have a few people here working on the forum it would be possible to delegate tasks and have everything run more smoothly.
      Mod access isn't really required. It would still be up to the administrator to actually give the green light on this stuff, and if it's robustly setup that's ALL it would take.

Mod access isn't really required. It would still be up to the administrator to actually give the green light on this stuff, and if it's robustly setup that's ALL it would take.
      Okay, whatever

But it should happen. There are lots of people on here who have know-how and I'm sure wouldn't mind helping improve the forum on a voluntary basis.

Alright, what do you think about this:

Serious threads (denoted with ) are no troll zones.

Purposes: on-topic threads, RIP/death threads, etc

Alright, what do you think about this:

Serious threads (denoted with ) are no troll zones.

Purposes: on-topic threads, RIP/death threads, etc
      What if people use that symbol for threads that aren't actually serious? :P

a mod removes the symbol

What if people use that symbol for threads that aren't actually serious? :P
      a mod removes the symbol
      The same as someone posting an NWS thread without NWS pictures the forum will shame them

can we make this a nuclear free zone

Can there be a rule to have no stupid long signatures that we have to continuously scroll over because its nothing but bull shit?

Can there be a rule to have no stupid long signatures that we have to continuously scroll over because its nothing but bull shit?
      Disable sigs?

This member's privacy settings prevent this post from being visible to guests.

Permaban Teneight and Forsaken
      Yes. Fuck yes. At least teneight

Not sure if this was mentioned. I like the use of NWS tags, just in case... but I personally hate bans I think however a better alternative to a BAN for not using the tag would be to take away image tag [img] using privileges for a period of time. Not sure if that can be pulled off or not.

Posts like this should be bannable (NWS):

http://forums.offtopic.com/showpost....6&postcount=36

I mean it's one thing to poz a thread and make you scroll forever, but to have it be full of NWS shit is

I know mechwarrior isn't a popular person but srsly

normally i agree with you but mechwarrior deserves that shit. nigga is hella creepy and probably a serial killer. just dont go into his threads and you will be fine

What do you guys think about a separate tag for autoplay threads? Or just using the NWS tag?

Not sure if this was mentioned. I like the use of NWS tags, just in case... but I personally hate bans I think however a better alternative to a BAN for not using the tag would be to take away image tag [img] using privileges for a period of time. Not sure if that can be pulled off or not.
      Well, we do have infractions with this forum software, so it counts as points towards a ban. I could create a usergroup where they lose [y] and [img] privileges for x days

In terms of Spoiler tags and NWS tags/linking in non NWS threads. I don't know if they still have it now but NN had a feature in a post where it would be a button with red NWS or spoiler written on it. When you clicked it, it would drop down the spoiler text or image.

Well, we do have infractions with this forum software, so it counts as points towards a ban. I could create a usergroup where they lose [y] and [img] privileges for x days
      I think that would be good. Perhaps harsher penalties for repeat offenders but overall I think less bans, even temporary ones, for such stupid things would be great.

In terms of Spoiler tags and NWS tags/linking in non NWS threads. I don't know if they still have it now but NN had a feature in a post where it would be a button with red NWS or spoiler written on it. When you clicked it, it would drop down the spoiler text or image.
      I've seen that spoiler button, its pretty cool.

Page 6 of 13 First ... 2345678910 ... Last
    SSD Nodes

Trademarks property of their respective owners. Comments owned by the poster. Site is funded by advertising, member subscriptions, and shopping affiliate links.
    Copyright © 2015 XERQ. All rights reserved.
    XERQ® is a registered trademark.