one ridiculous topic at a time.

By clicking this button, you agree to XERQ's Terms of Service
Writing
Views
Replies
Page 11 of 191 First ... 7891011121314152161111 ... Last
  • Which page are the pics on?
    There are 64 images in this thread
      This member's privacy settings prevent this post from being visible to guests.

Faceman is living a life I completely respect and am envious of. I hope all goes well with his kids.

Originally posted by Member
      Wow that's pretty random. But i guess that's the kind of shit you have to prepare for when making a trip like that
      Don't subject your children to it. That is what this is ultimately about.

his kid could have gotten very sick or horribly injured driving out west to see the grand canyon. EVERYTHING we do has risks associated with it.
      yep, I had a childhood friend who would go away camping with his family every summer. He went for a swim in the lake at the camp site and drowned

@faceman

when you get back and read this thread know we're thinking of you and sending our best.

I disagree. He is a competent sailor, and he pretty much detailed all the supplies, including medical, and his boat was very well equipped ... EPIRB, Sat Phone, etc. Not to mention his wife is experienced and was there too. We don't know the details yet, but I really can't hold him responsible for what ever happened. For all we know, what ever happened to his daughter could of happened while they were on land too, and she'd be in a Mexican hospital ... and people would be saying he is a bad American father for taking his daughter a thousand miles away from a good American hospital.

I'm just saying.

from another forum....

BREAKING NEWS (Good News, too)

7:45 am PDT April 4

KTVU Oakland, CA News Report

Four responders were able to board yesterday. The little girl is reported stable. At 0800 today a C130 is leaving Moffett Field (south of San Francisco) with the purpose of being able to refuel helicopters at the site of the boat and lift off the family.

That's the hard news.

Whether Eric will choose to leave the boat is pure speculation on my part.

I disagree. He is a competent sailor, and he pretty much detailed all the supplies, including medical, and his boat was very well equipped ... EPIRB, Sat Phone, etc. Not to mention his wife is experienced and was there too. We don't know the details yet, but I really can't hold him responsible for what ever happened. For all we know, what ever happened to his daughter could of happened while they were on land too, and she'd be in a Mexican hospital ... and people would be saying he is a bad American father for taking his daughter a thousand miles away from a good American hospital.

I'm just saying.
      It has nothing to do with it. Putting his family at sea like that especially with an infant is irresponsible. If thats what he wanted to do with his life he should have thought of that before bringing children into the world. Its time to grow up and be a responsible adult & parent.

Hope everything turns out ok

I'm just saying.
      everyone on the sailing forums who are familiar with him all mention he had one of the most well prepared boats...to an OCD extent and thats a good thing. He is a licensed USCG Captain and knows what he is doing. This could have happened to someone else with a lot less experience and potentially could have been much worse.

@faceman <3

Lets support the man and his family instead of condemning him

I'm just saying.
      For once I actually agree with you!

It has nothing to do with it. Putting his family at sea like that especially with an infant is irresponsible. If thats what he wanted to do with his life he should have thought of that before bringing children into the world. Its time to grow up and be a responsible adult & parent.
      humans have been doing this for THOUSANDS of years. Whether it be sailing or by ox and cart, and now it's a problem?

he was one of the most prepared sailors I know. Thousands of boats do this journey every year. He got some bad luck
      If he'd made it across safely, all the naysayers would be riding his nuts hardcore. The fact the child got sick by chance and he's now a bad parent.

I applaud the fact he's sailing, following dreams and showing his kids the world and people need to realize when you tread new ground, that the world is unpredictable and you take the good with the bad.. The good is far more frequent than the bad, so roll with it. I do hope this doesn't sour him from trying it again, maybe under different circumstances, but I hope this isn't the end for him.

Hope everyone is ok.

Any other Xerqers / OTers make the news? That guy landed his plane on the freeway a couple months ago.

humans have been doing this for THOUSANDS of years. Whether it be sailing or by ox and cart, and now it's a problem?
      And humans lived in caves, too. Is that what you do with your family?

Don't subject your children to it. That is what this is ultimately about.
      How old is the kid?

If he'd made it across safely, all the naysayers would be riding his nuts hardcore. The fact the child got sick by chance and he's now a bad parent.

I applaud the fact he's sailing, following dreams and showing his kids the world and people need to realize when you tread new ground, that the world is unpredictable and you take the good with the bad.. The good is far more frequent than the bad, so roll with it. I do hope this doesn't sour him from trying it again, maybe under different circumstances, but I hope this isn't the end for him.
      agree 100%

Do you hunt every night and roast animals over campfires?

And humans lived in caves, too. Is that what you do with your family?
      yes

Page 11 of 191 First ... 7891011121314152161111 ... Last
    SSD Nodes

Trademarks property of their respective owners. Comments owned by the poster. Site is funded by advertising, member subscriptions, and shopping affiliate links.
    Copyright © 2015 XERQ. All rights reserved.
    XERQ® is a registered trademark.