Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 4756
  • Which page are the pics on?
    There are 64 images in this thread
      Originally posted by Member
      so is riding a harley. another thing i wouldnt do with a 1 year old
      BUT PEOPLE RIDE WITH THEIR INFANTS ON THE MOTORCYCLE EVERY DAY

so is riding a harley. another thing i wouldnt do with a 1 year old

bro, it's totally safe to ride a bike with a baby on the backseat. I mean, did you know that riding a motorcycle is safer than drivign a car? less people die on bikes, so by the galactic rules of logic, there's nothing wrong with strapping your infant to a motorcycle and splitting lanes, at 80 MPH.

This member's privacy settings prevent this post from being visible to guests.

BUT PEOPLE RIDE WITH THEIR INFANTS ON THE MOTORCYCLE EVERY DAY
      THE MEXICAN DOCTOR SAID THE BABY WAS OK TO TRAVEL

LOAD UP THE HARLEY

I've done that trip a number of times. That is hardly crossing the pacific ocean bro. Come on now. That's crusing, not sailing.

Well clearly. The dumb fuck was relying on a single engine to make the crossing.

If you need paratroopers, you weren't prepared.
      if you need paratroopers to save your ass, it's not some safe and wholesome family outing

I've done that trip a number of times. That is hardly crossing the pacific ocean bro. Come on now. That's crusing, not sailing.

Well clearly. The dumb fuck was relying on a single engine to make the crossing.

If you need paratroopers, you weren't prepared.
      his path looked a lot to me like sailing the pacific ocean? san diego to new zealand is just a cruise?

cliffs on your outrageous sailing adventures.

Can't disagree with you there. lol

Bro, I said going to the Bahamas is crusing and it is not like crossing the pacific. Florida to the Bahamas is a cruise. Crossing the globe is hardcore sailing. You so angry now that you're responding without reading?

Rents lived on a cat for a decade. I would often depart with them from Ft. Lauderdale to spend a week in the Bahamas. Pretty fucking outrageous and hardcore huh.
      I have no idea what you are talking about.

Clearly.
      But we agree that faceman wasn't prepared for this journey?

I'm making an extremely simple claim to try and teach you people a concept. Obviously they are not equivalent scenarios, but the underlying concept is the same.

The process and the results of a process are a different thing. I could theoretically have that dick punching machine and push the button a million times and never once get the million dollars. The odds are astronomical, but it is not impossible. I still wouldn't have been wrong for pressing the button.

Once you understand that the process is independent of any single result you might begin to understand why it doesn't matter that Faceman had the unlocky roll of the dice if the odds are in his favor the majority of the time.
      In to take up a collection for a dick punching machine for Cthalupa.

So to summarize, a person who knows Faceman well said the trip was crazy, and some of the people here whom Faceman failed to insult (but who have never met him) think the trip was a great idea.

I'll say again this guy displayed epic proportions of stupidity in taking this trip. He talks like he is an alpha on this messageboard yet he is totally unfit to be a parent or father, I find that ironic. There is no way someone using sound judgment would have chosen to take this trip with his family at the time he chose to do so. He deserves everything he gets and I hope he gets billed for the tens of millions spent on his rescue attempts.

They were talking about this on a talk show in Southern CA today while I was on the road. Tons of people calling in talking about how fucking stupid this guy is.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
      Bahamas = easy cruise
      Crossing pacific = fucking opposite

Bahamas = easy cruise
      ...go on...

Last edited by deliberate thread; 04-07-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Do you understand that USCG statistics are:
      (1)summed from ALL recreational boating whether in lakes, marshes, rivers, or coastline
      (2)only inclusive of US-registered vessels operating within waters under US jurisdiction
      (3)representative of larger, more stable, better-operated cruise liners and barges and freighters
      (4)comes onyl from *reported* incidents to the USCG
      (5)excludes intentional or unintentional non-reporting
      (6)is thus numerically under-represented or conservative
      (7)exclusive of many conditions including “a person dies, is injured, or is missing from such a vessel as a result of storms, or unusual tidal or sea conditions;” (USCG Report 2012 page 12) [holy fuck what an exemption]
      (8) and so on and so forth

Do you understand that those statistics are not at all representive of a family of 4 (wherein only 1 person is qualified to sail) making a transoceanic trek on a 36' sailboat? That it's dissimilar and wholly riskier to a tourist ferry operated for 80 years along the Chicago river?

love to see those statistics cited one more time

Sailing around the globe makes you a fuckin badass because it's safer than driving to work. Wait.

Bahamas = easy cruise
      Yes, tell us all about this.

calculated risks are for faggots. life is meant to be lived indoors.

Page 100 of 191 First ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... Last
    SSD Nodes

Trademarks property of their respective owners. Comments owned by the poster. Site is funded by advertising, member subscriptions, and shopping affiliate links.
    Copyright © 2015 XERQ. All rights reserved.
    XERQ® is a registered trademark.