XERQ is disrupting the forum experience,
one ridiculous topic at a time.

By clicking this button, you agree to XERQ's Terms of Service
Writing
Views
Replies
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

"Internal" is NOT Google/Guest viewable

As a result of this thread (http://www.xerq.net/showthread.php?76253-Lock-down-XERQ) we created "Internal", a subforum NOT indexable by Google (+ other search engines) and NOT viewable by guests. "Internal" is meant to be a place where members can post pictures of themselves and discuss more personal topics without being indexed over the internet.

http://www.xerq.net/forumdisplay.php?43-Main-(PRIVATE)

I went ahead and moved all the SRS threads in there. If you created a thread and want it moved in there simply shoot me a PM.

Your privacy is important. Instead of locking down the entire forum and impacting our growth, this subforum should satisfy members in both camps from the poll in the previous thread.
      Last edited by XERQ; 05-19-2013 at 08:31 PM.

meh

Oh, another subforum that will take traffic from the main and I'll never visit.

Originally posted by Member
      It's actually a subforum within The Main and threads created will cross-post into The Main, so there shouldn't be any difference

It's actually a subforum within The Main and threads created will cross-post into The Main, so there shouldn't be any difference
      Carry on my wayward son.

so why am i suddenly being asked to post when i post actively from time to time, and maybe just like to lurk other times?

Is google okay with this?

probably not.

so why am i suddenly being asked to post when i post actively from time to time, and maybe just like to lurk other times?
      The system only sees that you haven't posted in x days, hence the notice up top. It doesn't have a way to differentiate that you haven't posted in x days, but you posted actively for y days before that, but all it takes is a single post for it to go away.

Yes, the only you can't do is what they call "cloaking," which is showing one version of the page to Google and then another version to visitors (which is something we don't do). You are absolutely allowed to block off sections of your site.

The system only sees that you haven't posted in x days, hence the notice up top. It doesn't have a way to differentiate that you haven't posted in x days, but you posted actively for y days before that, but all it takes is a single post for it to go away.

Yes, the only you can't do is what they call "cloaking," which is showing one version of the page to Google and then another version to visitors (which is something we don't do). You are absolutely allowed to block off sections of your site.
      so does this mean we can say nigger now?

so does this mean we can say nigger now?
      Same rules still apply, as long as it's not towards a specific member or group of people, and not in a thread title it's fine

This member's privacy settings prevent this post from being visible to guests.

this is just what they want

You're too accommodating, bro.

IBpeoplestartbitchingaboutthis

welp

IA people start bitching

Carry on my wayward son.
      this post made me giggle

this is a cool implementation

u smrt muthafucka

How do they enforce this cloaking?

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
    SSD Nodes

Trademarks property of their respective owners. Comments owned by the poster. Site is funded by advertising, member subscriptions, and shopping affiliate links.
    Copyright © 2015 XERQ. All rights reserved.
    XERQ® is a registered trademark.