one ridiculous topic at a time.

By clicking this button, you agree to XERQ's Terms of Service
Writing
Views
Replies
Page 3 of 191 First 12345671353103 ... Last
  • Which page are the pics on?
    There are 64 images in this thread
      This member's privacy settings prevent this post from being visible to guests.

Originally posted by Member
      or the guilt he will feel if something tragic happens trying to fulfill his dream. i cant image how he feels right now
      very true. while I wouldn't hesitate to do this with children, as I know of many families doing something similar...I will not be going with kids. That extra responsibility is massive when already managing a vessel.

i can confirm, via a friend in SD-based coast guard.

it appears a disease was spread on the boat, and the girl may have contracted, perhaps from the father, a case of the Incurable Smugness.
      i give it 2 months until he brags about how you havent lived until you've put your little girls' life in danger

Can you hold off being a dick long enough for us to find out if his infant daughter is ok?

Fucking hell.

Not exactly something to worry about at this point, but I'm curious. If they end up all being rescued from the boat, what happens to the boat? They just leave it at sea?
      It's probably his responsibility to pay someone to go get it, but other than that, yeah they probably just leave it there to drift.

Same question.
      they can tug it back easily.
      question is, will they be dicks and charge him?

I know this is a stretch, but are there any Xerqers in the area of where they're going to be bringing them ashore?

I know this is a stretch, but are there any Xerqers in the area of where they're going to be bringing them ashore?
      If they bring them to SD, I'd be in the area.

It's probably his responsibility to pay someone to go get it, but other than that, yeah they probably just leave it there to drift.
      least they can do is dispatch one of the tugs they have out in the gulf

Not exactly something to worry about at this point, but I'm curious. If they end up all being rescued from the boat, what happens to the boat? They just leave it at sea?
      Coast Guard tow to nearest port would be my assumption.

I truly hope all turns out ok, and maybe a mod could put a SRS tag on this so it keeps the trolls at bay.
      Regardless of how you feel about sailing or bringing kids, keep those thoughts to yourself as there are plenty of people who don't see a problem with it and shit happens every day to people in differing situations.

well the kid definitely seems something to worry about.

as for the boat, yeah they just leave it. I'm sure efforts will be made to recover it. The cruising community is pretty tight, hopefully people will band together to try to get it to a port.

This is Faceman's world crashing around him not good

holy shit this is crazy

least they can do is dispatch one of the tugs they have out in the gulf
      If they were close I would say so, but it sounds like he is way out. If they do grab it automatically, they will probably end up sending him a bill. Welcome to today's reality

I hope everything is ok.

I remember he was explaining how the child is no more at danger at sea than at land.. Maybe true.. BUT there are no hospitals at sea

terrible news i hope she's ok. my guess is the poor little girl got sick from the rough seas and was probably unable to keep anything down. probably got extremely dehydrated and thus, the evac. just a guess but that was the first thing that popped into my head.

If they were close I would say so, but it sounds like he is way out. If they do grab it automatically, they will probably end up sending him a bill. Welcome to today's reality
      they usually spend so much money for the rescue, they rarely bother trying to recover the vessel. Commercial salvage operations will swarm in to try to get it. But in times like this, the cruising community usually bands together to tow it and help out the family

Can't even imagine how much this mission costs.
      isn't he just a few hundred miles out?

terrible news i hope she's ok. my guess is the poor little girl got sick from the rough seas and was probably unable to keep anything down. probably got extremely dehydrated and thus, the evac. just a guess but that was the first thing that popped into my head.
      very likely. From the sound of his blog, they had some uncomfortable seas for most of their trip so far.

they usually spend so much money for the rescue, they rarely bother trying to recover the vessel. Commercial salvage operations will swarm in to try to get it. But in times like this, the cruising community usually bands together to tow it and help out the family
      so odd, given the uscg has tows in its fleet...for just this no?

Page 3 of 191 First 12345671353103 ... Last
    SSD Nodes

Trademarks property of their respective owners. Comments owned by the poster. Site is funded by advertising, member subscriptions, and shopping affiliate links.
    Copyright © 2015 XERQ. All rights reserved.
    XERQ® is a registered trademark.