one ridiculous topic at a time.

By clicking this button, you agree to XERQ's Terms of Service
Writing
Views
Replies
Page 8 of 10 First ... 45678910 Last
  • Latest image
    There are 8 images in this thread
      I wonder how good OT would have been if Fazle let other members do his work and teach him things

This member's privacy settings prevent this post from being visible to guests.

Originally posted by Member
      This isn't the case, unless stickies or paid sticky people are special.

I just ignored LogoGuy and the sticky he's created still shows up. When I go into the thread none of their posts show up, but I can still see the thread in the list.
      Stickies are treated differently. In fact, I'm not sure you should be able to ignore service providers as they pay good money to support the forum

badass

I knew it wasn't impossibiru. Sheesh.

#lazyfuckers

BTW, real talk....I'd go gay for @XERQ and @Fifafever.

Not like full gay mind you, but a little homo cuddling. #littlespoon

They were, mostly, the only thing I ignored on other forums. It was also a way to manage stickies I didn't care to see anymore. But I understand your thoughts on the subject.
      XERQ's call ultimately. Anyway, the main idea was to get rid of posts and threads by regular members you'd like to ignore.

Also, this is not directed at you, but I'd like to also put this out before people start thinking something is wrong when they see an obscure trace of an ignored user. There are many other aspects of the site (such as thread recent activity), and reputation (not sure about this actually), where ignored users may still pop up. However, consider that there's a point where you start getting diminishing returns. Everywhere you want to disappear ignored users from can end up adding to the complexity of database queries. Not to mention that it takes time to develop and test. Some of these holes may get filled in eventually, but for now I'd say that if hidden threads/posts aren't enough, there are always browser extensions.

Well a 'service' provider is just a regular member until they pay their $$, but I understand.

As for the IL, I think as long as it removes the thread from thread display in all forums, hides their posts and doesn't send notification messages to the end user for their activity. Then you're 98% there.
      I haven't tested the notification system but it will be looked at.. no timeframe yet though

best forum admin evar

Will you still get a notification if they quote your post?

Updated the FAQ to cover this

Will you still get a notification if they quote your post?
      I would guess so

Good

Nice!

lol what's up with your signature ignore list?
      Lol, he has not ignored anyone. he's just butthurt and can't take what he dishes out.

@XERQ FTW

this is great

Merged stickies since we have too many

Page 8 of 10 First ... 45678910 Last
    SSD Nodes

Trademarks property of their respective owners. Comments owned by the poster. Site is funded by advertising, member subscriptions, and shopping affiliate links.
    Copyright © 2015 XERQ. All rights reserved.
    XERQ® is a registered trademark.